Active Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 48 hour
These are the best bread and spread pickles I have ever had!! What’s more, I have been searching for quite a while. I ensure you’ll cherish them!
- Thickly sliced pickling cucumbers (8 to 10 pickling cucumbers) 4 Cups
- Sliced red bell peppers (about 1 small) 1 cup
- Sliced onion (about 1 medium) 1 Cup
- Pickling salt 2 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar 1cup
- Granulated sugar ¾ cup
- Mustard seed 1 tbsp
- Celery seed 1 tsp
- Red pepper flakes ½ tsp
- Ground cloves ¼ tsp
- Get ready two 16 ounces containers and a little canning pot. Join the cut cucumbers, chime peppers, onion, and pickling salt in a colander set in a substantial bowl. Refrigerate for one hour to evacuate overabundance fluid. Flush vegetables and dispose of fluid.
- Join the vinegar and sugar in a large pot. Warm over medium warmth until the sugar is dissolved. Include the mustard seed, celery seed, red pepper flakes and cloves. Increment the warmth to high and heat the saline solution to the point of boiling.
- Include the drain vegetables and blend to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, until every one of the vegetables in the brackish water are completely heated through. Using tongs, fill the sterilized jar with the vegetables. Gradually pour the hot brine over the vegetables in each jar, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Delicately tap the jars on a towel-lined countertop to help loosen any bubble before utilizing a wooden chopstick to dislodge any remaining bubbles. Check the headspace again and include more brine if necessary.
- Wipe the edges, apply the tops and rings, and process in a boiling hot water bath for 10 minutes. Give these pickles a chance to cure for no less than 48 hours before eating.