Ready In: 1 小时 20 min
Preparation time: 30 min
- Chicken cut into 8 件 1(2 ½ pound)
- Ribs celery, chopped 3
- Large onion, chopped 1
- Bay leaves 2
- Chicken bouillon cubes 2
- House Seasoning, recipe follows 1 茶匙
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery or cream of chicken soup
- All-purpose flour 2 cups
- 盐 1 茶匙
- Ice water
- Start the chicken: Place the chicken, celery, onion, bay leaves, bouillon, and House Seasoning in a large pot.
- 加 4 quarts of water and in water and bring to a cook over medium-heat. Simmer the chicken until it is tender and the thigh juices run clear, about 40 分钟.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and, when it is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and separate the meat from the bones.
- Return the chicken meat to the pot. Keep it warm over low heat.
- To prepare the dumplings: Add the flour with the salt and mound together in a mixing bowl.
- At the start center of the mound, sprinkle a small amount of ice water over the flour.
- Using your fingers and moving from the center to the edges of the bowl, step by step add in about 3/4 cup of ice water. Mold the dough and form it into ball.
- Dust a good amount of flour onto a clean work place. Roll out the dough (it will be firm), working from center to 1/8-inch thick. Let the dough relax for some minutes.
- Mix the cream of celery soup to the pot with the chicken and cook gently over medium-low heat.
- Cut the dough into 1-inch pieces. Tug a piece in half and drop the halves into the cooking soup. 重复.
- Do not mix the chicken once the dumplings have been added. Gently move the pot in a circular motion so the dumplings become submerged and cook evenly.
- Cook until the dumplings float and are no longer doughy, 3 至 4 分钟.
- Serve into warm bowls.