We all like to look our best, and if there is a shortcut to it without the hassle of applying the makeup, then we would happily go that route. However, what if that shortcut happens to involve a tattoo, suddenly it sounds a bit radical. Whether you have got a body tattoo or not, anyone with any sense will always approach tattooing with a mantra think before you ink. Tattoos are permanent and will be there for life, and if you regret it, it could be there to haunt you for a very long time. Therefore, many people are afraid of applying cosmetic tattoos to their faces.
However, there is nothing to worry about a cosmetic tattoo for the eyebrows as the pigment is applied to the upper layer of the skin using a variety of tattoo methods. The cosmetic tattoo for the eyebrows is known as eyebrow feathering or Micro-feathering and is the most popular treatment in Australia and world over for people who want to have natural and fuller eyebrows. If you’re considering eyebrow tattooing, here is what you need to know about this semi-permanent makeup treatment.
What is Eyebrow Feathering?
It is an eyebrow tattooing technique that creates an illusion of a fuller and more defined shape leaving a natural finish. The term was coined by L.A. based brow expert, Kristie Streicher. This technique follows the shape of your natural eyebrow and is applied in individual hair-like strokes to give a natural feathered eyebrow, hence the name. It is a no-makeup makeup look, and many celebrities like Rihanna, Angelina Jolie, Mandy Moore, and Kati Price have it.
How is it Applied?
Getting eyebrow feathering is a great way to add instant shape and an attractive frame to your face. The process involves using a technique called micro-pigmentation, where a small amount of colored pigment is injected into the upper layer of the skin. A good aesthetician will use a meticulous, painstaking process of applying each hair individually to make your eyebrows look totally natural. A hand-held metal tool with small needles is used to create fine hair-like strokes.
However, before you undergo the procedure, I recommend that you find a reputable clinic with certified aestheticians who have expertise in eyebrow feathering and one such clinic is Melbourne Laser and Aesthetic Centre. You will be called in for consultation to assess your existing brow, hair color, texture, volume, and shape.
How is Eyebrow Feathering Different from Standard Tattoos?
The main reason most people are nervous about eyebrow tattoo is that the word tattoo used, but as with above you must have understood what it is and there is no need to worry about. As compared to the standard tattoos, eyebrow feathering is different. Here is why:
- The pigment used is different – Makeup tattoos pigments are different from the ones used in regular tattoos as they are designed to degrade over time. This means you will not get that nasty blue hue that you get from old, black body tattoos. Also, the pigment is customized to suit your skin tone and hair color.
- The pigment is placed in the upper layer of the skin – As compared with the body tattoos, the ink is injected deep into the skin so that they remain in place for the rest of your life. However, in eyebrow feathering the pigment is placed in the upper layer of the skin to give a natural look.
- The tattoo is not permanent – As the pigment is placed in the upper layer of the skin, the cells will turn over, and the pigment will start fading. Eyebrow feathering lasts for around 2-3 years, but you may need retouches to keep a natural look.
- It is less painful – Getting a body tattoo can be immensely painful, whereas eyebrow feathering is not anything like that, but you may feel a sensation of tweezers being dragged across the skin. Some individuals may experience a feeling to sneeze.
- The training is different – Eyebrow feathering is carried out by an aesthetician whereas an artist does body tattoo. The training and certification for both are entirely different. Aesthetician needs to learn color theory, facial structure, skin tone matching and a whole host of other vital skills to offer the best eyebrow feathering in Melbourne.
These are the most important difference between the traditional tattoos and eyebrow tattoos.
The Benefits of Eyebrow Feathering
So, are eyebrow tattoos worth it? Yes, I think so. Here are few of the benefits you can expect to enjoy after the treatment.
- No need to apply makeup – Forget about wasting time around gelling, coloring and plucking your brows. Wake up to perfectly shaped eyebrow every day.
- Natural look – With eyebrow feathering you don’t have to worry about people knowing that you’ve had a procedure. The finished look is so natural that all they see is a beautifully framed face.
- No smudge – You can go swimming, for a sweaty gym session, get caught in the rain or touch your face as often as you want. Your eyebrows will never smear or smudge again.
- Cost effective – Having an eyebrow feathering procedure save you money on buying eyebrow pencils, colors, tints, and brow powders. This is because your eyebrows will look perfect all day.
Getting the eyebrows tattooed might sound like a radical step but is one of the safest and easiest ways to have natural looking eyebrows. It is also one of the fastest growing treatments in Australia today with more and more people starting to realize the benefits of eyebrow feathering and many clinics offering this treatment. You can search for reputable laser & hair removal centre near you online offering cosmetic tattooing.