The femoral triangle (of Scarp) is an anatomical locale of the upper internal human thigh. It is a subfascial space which in living individuals shows up as a triangular misery sub-par compared to the inguinal tendon when the thigh is flexed, snatched and along the side turned.
The Femoral Triangle is limited:
- (по-изгодно) by the inguinal tendon.
- (медиално) by the average fringe of the adductor longus muscle.
- (По страна) by the average fringe of the sartorius muscle.
- Its floor is shaped by the pectineus and adductor longus muscles medially and iliopsoas muscle horizontally. Its rooftop is shaped by the belt lata, with the exception of at the saphenous opening where it is framed by the cribriform sash.
- The femoral triangle is molded like the sail of a cruising ship and thus its limits can be utilized the memory aide, “SAIL” for Sartorius, аддукторите Longus, and Inguinal Ligament.
- The femoral triangle is critical as various fundamental structures go through it, directly under the skin. The accompanying structures are contained inside the femoral triangle (from horizontal to average):
- Femoral nerve and its (terminal) branches.
- The femoral sheath and its substance.
Border of Femoral Triangle
As this zone is a Femoral Triangle, it has three outskirts:
Prevalent outskirt: Formed by the inguinal tendon, a tendon that keeps running from the foremost better iliac spine than the pubic tubercle.
Parallel outskirt: Formed by the average fringe of the sartorius muscle.
Average fringe: Formed by the average outskirt of the adductor longus muscle. Whatever is left of this muscle shapes some portion of the floor of the triangle.
Забележка: Some sources consider the sidelong fringe of the adductor longus to be the average outskirt of the femoral triangle. въпреки, the lion’s share express that it is the average fringe of the adductor longus and this is definition we have run with.