Ready In: Less than 10 min
Preparation time: 1-2 hores
Gulab Jamun is one of the most loved Asian sweets. Here is an easy recipe. Enjoy making them and eating them too.
For the sugar syrup
- Caster sugar 200g/7 oz
- Water 100ml/3 ½ fl oz
- Saffron few Strands
For the dough balls
- Powdered milk 225g/8 oz
- Plain flour 110g/4 oz
- Baking powder 1 ¼ tsp
- Bicarbonate of soda ½ tsp
- Milk 350ml/12fl oz
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Butter melted, 25g/1oz
- Chopped Pistachio nuts 1 cullerades
- Flaked almond, toasted in a pan. 1 tsbp
- For the dough balls, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it, add enough extra water to form a soft sticky dough. Cover it tightly and put it aside for next 10 acta. Then shape the dough into small round balls.
- Heat the oil on high and then lower the heat to medium. It is ready when a breadcrumb dropped in will sizzle gently in it.
- Slip the balls into the hot oil from the one side of the pan, one by one. Don’t move them. As an alternative softly shake the pan to keep the ball from browning on just one side. Deep fry the balls until its turn into golden brown.
- The balls must be fried very slowly under medium temperatures. Then remove from the oil with a spoon and set aside to drain.
- Make a sugar syrup: Boil the water and the sugar in a pan and then add some saffron until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture become syrup.
- Add the syrup when dough balls are cool and leave it for about 1 hores.
- Garnish with flaked almonds and chopped pistachio nuts and serve.