Plantar fasciitis taping is one of those treatments which are used to relieve the pain of plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is a common pain in the heel of the foot, as tissues bands connect heel bones to toes and located in a vertical shape. These tissues are pressurized and tore when you have a heavyweight body or you wear a high heel. It is common among females and supports runners.
Plantar fasciitis is a pain that people want to get rid of it because they face a problem while walking or doing something but they try so many techniques, treatments, medications, modifications and in severe condition plantar fasciitis surgery is recommended, but it may cause infections too. So this taping treatment can lessen the pain in the plantar fascia.
Plantar Fasciitis Taping:
What They Do:
Taping is used by your therapist to treat your plantar fascia, to relieve the pain. It is suggested by doctors sometimes when surgery is harmful to you. The main aims of tapings are:
- Decrease the pressure and stress from your foot arch
- Lessen the pain in the heel
- Maintain foot’s natural arch
- Provides more support to sustain the surrounding muscles of the foot
Method to do Plantar Fasciitis Taping:
Below is given a method to apply plantar fasciitis taping on a foot to remove the pain from the heel. Through this, the plantar fascia is supported firmly and its flexibility becomes limited to take fascia rest.
Begin this by wrapping a tape around the ball of the foot region. Wrap another tape around the heel and connect it with the tape.
- Keep a strip of tape around the metatarsal area. Cross the middle of the foot transversely as it will make an X shape in the middle of the foot.
- It will give great support to the plantar fascia.
- Wrap it three times to make sure that it will give strong support.
- Finish this procedure by wrapping the tape around the middle foot to cover the previous strips of tape.
- Make sure that the whole region from metatarsal to heel. It will give more support to the fascia.
Leave it for 3 to 5 days as it will fix on its own and you will not face any reactions.